The Next NBA

The Next NBA

Friday, July 16, 2004

Cuban or not Cuban?: I’ve decided to add Blog Maverick to my blog list. At first I was reluctant about it. While I was taking my college course on blogs, my professor encounter the site. We had a huge debate on weather the blog was actually written by M. Cuban himself. My professor concluded that it was. His main argument was that Mark knows a lot about technologies and having his own blog allow him the opportunity to voice his opinions and not have to worry about it being edited through television. By the comments left on the site, it seems everyone else think it is actually him too. However, I don’t think Mark actually writes the material. I don’t think someone else is falsely trying to be him either. I bet he’s paying someone else to do it for him. Besides my intuitions, owning a blog takes a lot of your time. Some of the posts are long and extensive. I don’t see him having that much free time to invest into a blog. Also, I noticed that none of his posts are credited as written by him. Check out the Nba blog squad, every post is credited, eg. posted by Doc River, Jay Williams, etc. But I guess people can believe what they want to believe. I’m still going to read his blog, I’m just not reading it as though it's actually him.